Thursday, January 21, 2016

Dear Top Hat


by Dessy Dinata via Flickr



Having a party using a mini top hat? Or, need a mini top hat for your decoration ornament?
But can't find any at the store, or it's too long for on-line shop delivery.
Try to make it by yourself, especially if you are a craft-lover.

I use some un-used things as the base, here I have a broken disc, a duct-tape core and some felt scraps. Make sure the felt is enough to wrap the hat crown and the hat brim. I cut two plies for the brim and one ply for the crown-side and the crown-top.



by Dessy Dinata via Flickr



Wrap the broken disc and the duck tape core separately using some super glue. I also blanket stitch along the brim edge to make it looks neat.
Then, attach the crown onto the brim - the covered broken disc, using some super glue.
And, give it some decorative as ribbon or flower for a finishing touch.

by Dessy Dinata via Flickr


Do you see that?
I give my Dear Top Hat about two tabs that I sew on its bottom, in case I'll use it with  my Mily Headband.


Follow on Paperli

Celebration Calendar